Monday, July 20, 2009

Cameras and Alaska

Don't mix. Every year I seem to take, and destroy, an increasingly less waterproof camera. It was endless rain on Prince William Sound that did it last year. This year I had insanely dry weather -- just one rain day and fourteen dry, sunny ones -- but a firm wag of an angry trout's tail waterlogged my camera for good. This is the culprit:


The rest of the few decent pictures are on Picasaweb. I'll tell the rest of the tale with uploaded films, which of course only come from the first seven days of the trip. I didn't get any stills of the magnificent mountains on Grosvenor Lake nor a fat trout with a mouse pattern hanging off his lip; nor did I get any footage of chillin' at Fure's cabin nor prying a tenacious pike off my thumb and forefinger with a metal fork. I'd have taken em if I could! But I did get this stuff:



Outstanding weather.



Fun Fishin.



And again,




And again,




And again.




And again, and again, and again, until I'm no longer able to get out there anymore.

Now, to get out to the store and buy my next digital victim . . . .

No comments: