Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Fly Zone 2007

Nicaragua was fishy as I could wish, but very geary. The only strike I had on a fly was a scrappy little machaca on San Fernando who threw the hook. So I would have to admit that, for me, Nicaragua was a no-fly zone.

Not so on some of my delta home water today. After a warm afternoon of trolling around for one thin schoolie, I decided to trespass on an unoccupied dock for a bit of fly casting. To the degree that you can call 350 grains of tungsten a fly line. Anyway, it worked:



Love them stripers. Love the delta, even. I think I have my answer to "Y ahora que?" There's not much I can do here in California to outdo a San Juan tarpon, but I can certainly dredge up a whole lot of pleasant fishing and paddling out of my usual old haunts. It was just a great afternoon out there: calm, and relatively warm, and very pretty with the sunset and fullish moon rising at dusk.

1 comment:

JW said...

Picking up where you left off...
KD : )